If you put it in the beak and push it back a little, she'll swallow it. I do it all the time. They can swallow a frog, lizard, mouse whole, a pill isn't a problem. If you mix it in water it will settle out. If you absolutely have to, you can grind it up and mix it into a small amount of moistened feed (so the vitamin sticks to the feed), but you need to make sure she eats it all. It's much easier to just pop the pill in so she swallows it.

Just a Little update for everyone

I took her to the vet this morning, I wasn’t going to but she kept shaking and looked like she was in a bunch of pain so I took her. They think she has gout though the vet is going to talk with another vet he knows who only sees chickens to see what he thinks and we will go from there. Their calling me on Monday or Tuesday to let me know what they think.

They gave her an X-ray and it looks like some of the crystals have gotten into her top leg joints which might be why she can’t stand or walk but is able to fly around her brooder perfectly fine. I just gave her the second round of vitamin pills this morning. She’s sleeping now and I’m letting her sleep some more before giving her sugar water as I don’t think she got much sleep last night.

I am extremely glad to know Doc(our barred rock rooster) didn’t hurt her as ever since I’ve separated him and his fellow non-bantam brother from the silkies he has been freaking out that he can’t snuggle and play with them. Their still within eye sight but he can’t figure out why he can’t lay down and sleep with them or eat with them. 😅 Their gonna get play time this afternoon together and depending on how that goes I’ll move everyone back together

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom