Broken Wing Feathers

chookmummy

Chirping
Sep 18, 2020
Our hen is nearing on a year old and we have some roosters in with her. There are obviously many other hens with her but she seems to be their favourite. We made a skirt for her when she was starting to lose her saddle feathers but now, the feathers on her wings, near her back, are beginning to strip of their outer layer and all you can really see left is the down. She is also loosing feathers on her face. Unfortunately, I do not have a picture. Any suggestions? How do I help her? The skirt is working marvellously but it does not cover the tops of her wings. (The shoulder area near the saddle.)

Our hen is nearing on a year old and we have some roosters in with her. There are obviously many other hens with her but she seems to be their favourite. We made a skirt for her when she was starting to lose her saddle feathers but now, the feathers on her wings, near her back, are beginning to strip of their outer layer and all you can really see left is the down. She is also loosing feathers on her face. Unfortunately, I do not have a picture. Any suggestions? How do I help her? The skirt is working marvellously but it does not cover the tops of her wings. (The shoulder area near the saddle.)

Attachments

• 18D525EA-A5B9-4E05-876E-C6C8C00EA1F0.jpeg
    18D525EA-A5B9-4E05-876E-C6C8C00EA1F0.jpeg
    274.2 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom