Brooder box?

Bama4545

Chirping
Jun 4, 2020
East Central Alabama
My brooder is 3'x4', how long will I be able to keep 22 babies in there before I will need to move the to the coop 8x8. The chicken run is 18'x18' but figure I will want to keep them in the coop a while before they get to go in the yard. All advice is appreciated. Only planning on keeping 10 or 12 but I know it will be more like 15 or 16

I'd say 2 weeks max, but they'll be going pretty crazy at the end of it. Can you run your heat source out to the coop and just brood them in there? It's a much better size and once they're about 2 weeks old you really don't have to worry about them getting lost even with that amount of space. They don't need the run portion yet.

I'd say 2 weeks max, but they'll be going pretty crazy at the end of it. Can you run your heat source out to the coop and just brood them in there? It's a much better size and once they're about 2 weeks old you really don't have to worry about them getting lost even with that amount of space. They don't need the run portion yet.
Yeah that’s probably what I will do. It’s gonna be hot here by then so I hope I don’t have to worry with heat too long. I figure about 4 weeks.

In fact I probably won’t wait the full 2 weeks. Just till I feel like they are getting around good

Mine came in Nov so even though I'm in south Texas we get cool nights. When I moved them to the coop to I took the ceramic heat plate out and set it up out there. Just ran an outdoor extension cord to it. After a while they started moving away from it so I just took it out.

Back
Top Bottom