BROODER thread! Post pics of your brooders!

Ok! So it is bit of an over kill, but when my hubby and I build something we build it to last!
big_smile.png

DSC07520.jpg

Here is the inside of the top one!
DSC07521.jpg

DSC07522.jpg

Front view!
DSC07523.jpg

Now all we need is our baby chicks, which should be hatching any day now!
jumpy.gif

Quote:
very nice!!!
Waiting on more hens myself, graduating the 2 hens from spring to one of my 2 coups. Need the brood box for the next group. 5 R.I. Reds and 5 N.H. Reds due out of ideal 07/15
thumbsup.gif

Here is the last-minute brooder we had to put our first two newly hatched chicks in (I panicked when momma hen tried to toss the first one; she's mothering them now). The first two were only in here one night, and they went back with momma the next day! I spent a lot of time adjusting the lamps, since they never seemed to be just the right temperature, or maybe that was just me. Also, the stove above the brooder hasn't been in use since this last winter, and the picture was taken in early June.

30030_hannahs_pictures_046.jpg

30030_hannahs_pictures_048.jpg

Quote:
very nice!!!
Waiting on more hens myself, graduating the 2 hens from spring to one of my 2 coups. Need the brood box for the next group. 5 R.I. Reds and 5 N.H. Reds due out of ideal 07/15
thumbsup.gif

Thanks! That was kinda the idea, also a good way to split the boys from the girls or if one gets sick to keep it away from the others!

Here is mine. Its one of those rabbit cages you can buy at the store. The pan on the bottom works great keeping the mess in and the wire top easily comes off to take out side and put them under it while I work.
36288_img_6568.jpg

Needa farm thats what I use LOL cept the pans on my brooders arent that high
sad.png
That section off my indoor porch is full of kicked out shavings. Inckuding behind the treadmill I never use LOL.

ETA: TheFreundFlock that is SO NOT over kill!!! I wish my brooder was that awesome. That could hold a bizillion chicks (sigh, happy floaty thoughts)

Last edited:
I have 25 white leghorns coming on the 15th, I haver a brooder that was given t me,,my question is,,where can I find the pine shavings everyone seems to think is the best litter for them?,,can I use cedar shavings?,,or maybe shredded paper?..thanks in anvance for the help.

Back
Top Bottom