Broodies on eggs? Broodies with babies? Post here.

CONGRADS!!!
big_smile.png

I got them from Tractor Supply, a farm and feed store chain. I was told one was a silkie, and a number have feathers on their feet and tufts on their heads. My favorite are the ones that look like little chipmunks, but I can't pin down the breed. I think they came from McMurray Hatchery origianally.

I'm very pleased with my broody! She has two chicks that hatched last night and early morning and is still sitting tight on the last two eggs. One of those is finally pipped and the other one is pipped internally. The two lil hatched rascals escape from under her and she just gently calls them back. So cute!

How do you know when the pop the air cell? Today i heald the eggs up to my ear and i heard tapping! YEAH!! To day is day 19 i put the eggs under her on the 3rd of march. Is it so early for that? Should i candel them to see? Thanks for the help!

Chicken Girl

The ones that look like chipmunks are most likely Americuanas, my Buff Rock just hatched out 6 of them. I'm enjoying the interactions between mother and newly hatched. Sadly one didn't make it. Also one that is mostly black has like a bald pink spot on the top of its head. Anyone know what that might be?

12091_chicks_0309a.jpg

12091_chicks_0309e.jpg

Thanks to all of you for your help and encouragement! The same broody just hatched another chick, and pecked at it and shoved untill it fell from the nest still wet! I put it in with the other chicks and am hoping for the best. BAD Broody!!!

I'm sorry you lost one of your babies, computer chicken.
hugs.gif
The others look adorable, and I think your right about the americaunas. What fun!

thumbsup.gif
Good for you! They look so cute! Mine have not hatched yet. Today is day 22. They are still alive. So did you have a good time haveing a broody?
woot.gif
celebrate.gif
frow.gif

Chicken Girl

Back
Top Bottom