Broody chicken, 0 poop?

Chicken poppy

Fashionably late
Premium Feather Member
May 9, 2021
Poppyland
My broody chicken has been broody for 4 days now i think? 6 really small eggs under her.

I heard broody poop has a rather repulsive smell, and looks like some flattened water balloon pancake or whatnot.

Anyway, my chicken is broody in the basement.

Yes, basement. Before anyone judges me here, there is good ventilation and its a very nice temperature down there considering its pretty hot outside. Its also very dark. My chickens seem to enjoy laying eggs in my chair down there, and i was NOT the one to tell her to sneak down into the basement and go broody in my chair! I didn’t have the heart to move her off the chair because thats all her and my other chicken will lay on.
Im going to put something up for the babies so they don’t fall off aswell.

Anyway, my point is im pretty sure i would smell something if its that disgusting smelling, or heck, im pretty sure i would smell normal chicken poop down there if its been 4 days.

She has NOT gotten off the eggs once, and im bringing all the food and water to her. I took a very small peak, and saw no poop. Though i did not get a clear view at all.

Does anyone have thoughts?

She's pooping somewhere in a corner. They get off briefly each day to eat, drink, and poo.

It's large, can be smelly. As you said, you only got a quick peek in a dark room. It's there somewhere.

LofMc

She's pooping somewhere in a corner. They get off briefly each day to eat, drink, and poo.

It's large, can be smelly. As you said, you only got a quick peek in a dark room. It's there somewhere.

LofMc
Lovely. Like a little scavenger hunt. Can’t wait to find that 🤣

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom