Broody Hen

Quail_

Chirping
Apr 8, 2023
my hen went broody (im pretty sure atleast) and I know i need to make her uncomfortable as possible to make her say

"no i dont wanna raise a baby. These people who own me are horrible!"

This was a joke, but i was wondering if i got her a 18 inch small dog crate would work well for her? Im worried that she isnt eating or drinking and im really close to actually just bringing her inside my house so i can keep a closer eye on her.

If anyone has anything else i should do or add please tell me!

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230917_152301_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230917_152301_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 28
On what day is she? If you haven't seen her drinking, eating, or getting out at all, you might have to pick her up and take her out of the nest, so she can eat and drink. I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for, or if you'd like to break her

On what day is she? If you haven't seen her drinking, eating, or getting out at all, you might have to pick her up and take her out of the nest, so she can eat and drink. I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for, or if you'd like to break her
Day two, i saw her out yesterday for a bit.

Im trying to break her

If you're trying to break her then get the cage and put her in it. I got confused because you said you were worried she wasn't eating. But since you saw her yesterday, she's probably OK. Not that it matters, since you're going to break her. Make the cage as uncomfortable as can be

If you're trying to break her then get the cage and put her in it. I got confused because you said you were worried she wasn't eating. But since you saw her yesterday, she's probably OK. Not that it matters, since you're going to break her. Make the cage as uncomfortable as can be
Ok thank you

My grandmother who raised literally thousands of chickens would break them by dunking her in water a couple times. Makes her "Mad as an old wet setting hen" but worked 100%

Back
Top Bottom