Broody hatch-a-long!!! With Pippin!

Pics
what a mess free solution. That's it, I'm ordering nipples today! :lau
If you put them in bottles rather than a bucket (we made those too, but they don’t fit in the brooder,) choose bottles with larger lids than water bottles. Nice strong thick plastic with no embossed lettering. They have to go in nice and tight so as not to leak.
We actually put washers on the inside side, but you don’t need to.

Same here
I want my chicks to be tame
Any idea
Although the last batch she hatched are really tame. They will run to me whenever they see me and all I do is feed them twice a day
Giving Pippin lots of love and treats to make sure she will let me hold them!!! She isn't the most loveable chicken but I think we have bonded since I have started hand-feeding her on the nest!

Giving Pippin lots of love and treats to make sure she will let me hold them!!! She isn't the most loveable chicken but I think we have bonded since I have started hand-feeding her on the nest!
does she still get off the eggs herself? I do bring water to momma a couple of times a day to keep her hydrated, but I’ve read that if broodies are fed while they’re on the eggs they might poop in the nest... so I’ve been wary.

Not that my momma would ever eat anything offered to her when she’s in the zone, lol.

Back
Top Bottom