Broody Hatchalong!

Pics
WHOOOHOOOO! My hen just laid her first egg!! She is like 50 weeks old or so and I expected she was just a dud! She has always liked to nest still but nothing has ever come out. Then this morning she found the tractor and decided the seat was the best place to lay her first egg. Meanwhile my rooster crowed while standing on the steering wheel 🤣.
She's a production blue, strangely small and slow growing but not bantam.
Wow!!! Awesome!

Yay!!!
My Ivy just went broody! I'm letting her hatch too. View attachment 2572308
I had two of my hens go broody last May and the other in Aug. 4 chicks in May, and 2 again in Aug.....so went to the feed store and got 6 "pullets" to add to the Aug 4, ended up with 7 out of those that made it, one of the feed store (Tractor S) was a Blue Wyondotte and it turned out to be a rooster with a regular comb :( So out of the two hatchings got a rooster in each. Now have 3 roosters, but Daddy is getting old, so they all tolerate each other. All the young ladies are laying pretty little tan and blue and green eggs. Post pictures of the babies!!!!

I had two of my hens go broody last May and the other in Aug. 4 chicks in May, and 2 again in Aug.....so went to the feed store and got 6 "pullets" to add to the Aug 4, ended up with 7 out of those that made it, one of the feed store (Tractor S) was a Blue Wyondotte and it turned out to be a rooster with a regular comb :( So out of the two hatchings got a rooster in each. Now have 3 roosters, but Daddy is getting old, so they all tolerate each other. All the young ladies are laying pretty little tan and blue and green eggs. Post pictures of the babies!!!!
I will! Too bad about that Wyandotte.

Back
Top Bottom