~Broody Hen Contest!~ Results on first Page

Lách Cnoc Farm :

Schultz....it looks like a mutant hen with 3 heads!!!
lol.png

I know, she was too good of a momma that she would't boot the brats out. I felt for the broody but she finally got tired of the BIG babies and sent them packing. I just thought the pic was way cute!​

American Gamehen with her freshly hatched chicks, had to chase them through a maze of old equipment to catch them cause she nested in an old shed!

DSCN4513.jpg

her chicks again:
dscn4512.jpg

Last Memorial Day I had 2 hens sitting on the same nest. They still had about 2 weeks to go.
9325_100_2531.jpg

I went to check on them the next day and saw one hen tuck something back under her?
9325_100_2532.jpg

Got a closer look!
9325_100_2533.jpg
Finally I picked the hens up and this is what I found!
9325_100_2535.jpg
I have a momma cat that was raised in the barn with the chooks! She must have thought it was a warm and safe place for her babies! SHE DID IT AGAIN THIS YEAR! But moved them before I could get a pix.

AWWW, that is TOO cute with the kittens!!!!
love.gif

I have a broody but her eggs haven't gotten here yet for her to brood, so she's in the 'cranky, coffee pot perculating, pecking and generally being a pain all around until she gets something to sit on' stage right now.
lau.gif

This is Speckle the broody hen:
Picture001-2.jpg

And the ol' stink eye I get everytime that I try to get the non fertilzed eggs out from under her along with a few well aimed pecks for my trouble!
tongue.gif
gig.gif

Picture002-2.jpg

She's going to be a GOOD Momma!
love.gif

I love to see all the pic of the chickens I think they are so cute it puts a smile on my face everytime. Those kittens are the funniest things I ever saw.TOO CUTE!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom