Broody hen introduced to 2 week old chicks

gimmie birdies

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Eastern WA
I have a broody hen with my 2 week old chicks, the little rooster you can see is almost 3 weeks old. My hen "Oli" was very broody and sitting on some eggs, I moved eggs to incubator, and put chicks under her overnight. Then in the morning I brought the chicks in to eat and drink for a bit, then moved mom and chicks to brooder pen. Mom was squating and clucking, so I put the babies under her, they remembered her voice from the night before, and she remembered theirs. This is mom and babies in the daylight 3 hrs. the babies enjoy hopping on her back. She is a BCM/AC mix. and one year old. First babies.

Attachments

• oli.PNG
    oli.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
I have a broody hen with my 2 week old chicks, the little rooster you can see is almost 3 weeks old. My hen "Oli" was very broody and sitting on some eggs, I moved eggs to incubator, and put chicks under her overnight. Then in the morning I brought the chicks in to eat and drink for a bit, then moved mom and chicks to brooder pen. Mom was squating and clucking, so I put the babies under her, they remembered her voice from the night before, and she remembered theirs. This is mom and babies in the daylight 3 hrs. the babies enjoy hopping on her back. She is a BCM/AC mix. and one year old. First babies.
They look great! Im glad the broody hen adopted them.

Back
Top Bottom