Broody hen left nest on day 22

Flynn’s farm

In the Brooder
May 9, 2018
Elsberry Missouri
I had a broody sitting on 8 eggs. Wednesday, I saw a crack in one of the shells and the egg was moving all over. When I got home from work, expecting a chick, I saw nothing!!!! No chick, no shell, nothing! I’m not sure, but I believe it’s one of my buff’s. Anyway, yesterday, I came home and mama was off her nest and there were only 6 eggs left, a bit of goo, and some small pieces of shell. So I scooped the remaining 6 up and put under a heat lamp until I could get and incubator, which was this afternoon. Is all hope lost? I see no signs of hatching

I had a broody sitting on 8 eggs. Wednesday, I saw a crack in one of the shells and the egg was moving all over. When I got home from work, expecting a chick, I saw nothing!!!! No chick, no shell, nothing! I’m not sure, but I believe it’s one of my buff’s. Anyway, yesterday, I came home and mama was off her nest and there were only 6 eggs left, a bit of goo, and some small pieces of shell. So I scooped the remaining 6 up and put under a heat lamp until I could get and incubator, which was this afternoon. Is all hope lost? I see no signs of hatching
Candle the eggs and look for veins

Back
Top Bottom