Broody Hen pale Comb Help Help!!!!

Peran9

Chirping
Jul 9, 2019
Hi i got a broody Hen sitting on egg buh she got pale comb and is weak a bit and i saw red mites on her. My question is she is on day 16 and she is nearly around the cornor to hatch eggs.Now what shall i do?. shall i separate and make a new place for her and yeh i m defint gona treat her buh my worry is if i let with the chicks when hatch i belive they will carry the red mites as well then. Whay shall i do Help please. Also if i put eggs in incubator and once it hatches will the broody hen still adopt them and it also depends when will she get back to health. Help please Thanks

Also if i Make a new place for the broody Hen. if the chicks carry the red mites, would chicks die quickly from it or can i treat them as well when hatched if it carries red mites.Note she is also drinking lot of water.

Or do i raise the separtly from the mother? i actualy want to raise the chicks with the broody hen however she got mites

Update: i Cleaned the coop and at places where there were lots ret mites i spotted it and cleaned coop properly. and also used coconot oil,soap on chickens to get of red mites. and boys it worked. applied it for consecutivly few days and it worked. and now i cleaned and powered and used the same method on coop again. and now she is feeling much better than before and her comb colour is become much better day by day.
Negitive is she broke 2 eggs and and remoed the eggs and put it incubator. Dont want her to break anymore eggs

I just now saw this post! So odd that it seemed to have slipped between the cracks so to speak.
@Texas Kiki might be able to help.
So sorry to hear about broken eggs. How many do you have left? Were they her eggs or did you buy some for her? How many other chickens do you have? Are they in a different coop? Even if they are you should check them for mites too. It sounds like you have been doing a good job with this one so far. What powder did you use that you referred to as part of your treatment? Good luck!

UK . Update: I made a mistake i didnt turn off the " turning eggs" after 18th and today is 21st day and i just turned it off today. is there any chance they would be able to hatch. as of yet none have hatched.

UK . Update: I made a mistake i didnt turn off the " turning eggs" after 18th and today is 21st day and i just turned it off today. is there any chance they would be able to hatch. as of yet none have hatched.
I have forgotten to turn a turner off once. I didn't turn it off until after I saw external pips and they had no trouble hatching.

Have you been candling throughout the incubation to make sure they're developing?

Back
Top Bottom