Broody quail not Broody any more.......Update 7/27

yippiechickie.gif
Yippee! Fingers crossed!

Good Morning!! I now have 3 new chicks,
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

They all look really good and are running around that bator just whistling away!!
fl.gif
that there are more 2 come.

Quote:
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
that sounds like a fair price to me, lol. I asked her last night what she was gonna do with them and she said that she didn't know. So I offered to take half of whatever hatches. I will gladley take them all but I know she is gonna want some, which is fine after all she did give me free eggs to hatch and I have 9 buttons of my own that are 3 weeks old.

opps what a minuteI forgot...... she bought me a set of dishes that has rooster's on them and a bag of chick starter for watching over her place. She may want to charge me for the quail, lol.

Last edited:
Well the hatch is over...
sad.png
We ended up with 6 little chicks. There were some that were fully developed that didn't hatch and 1 that hatched but died shortley after. Lots of them started developing but didn't make it to far. Boy did they stink...
sickbyc.gif
I do know that fertlity is not an issue with her quial. All 2o were fertile.

Wow, 6 chicks from your rescue! While it is sad that they didn't all hatch, you saved 6, and that is so terrific. My hen is still sitting, today is the big test as we have about 20 guys running around putting in a patio with a lot of noise. I hope she stays the course because I just filled the incubator with Silkie eggs...
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom