Broody Question

April0617

Songster
Feb 28, 2020
SE Wisconsin
I have a broody girl. We gave her eggs on Monday night. Tuesday and Wednesday were both pretty chilly here, topping out in the 30s, and I didn't see her come off the eggs at all. Today we'll get back up into the 50's. My question is, do you think she's stayed put because of the weather? I hate to force her off, but I want to make sure she's taking care of herself too. Prior to giving her eggs (one full week), I was removing her a couple times a day to make sure she was eating and drinking, and to see if she'd break or if she'd go back to the nest before I risked letting her hatch.

The broodys get off the nest by themselves when they need to. Just because you haven't seen her do it doesn't mean that she is not getting of the nest. You can set out a game cam if you want to make sure she is accually getting off of the nest.

The broodys get off the nest by themselves when they need to. Just because you haven't seen her do it doesn't mean that she is not getting of the nest. You can set out a game cam if you want to make sure she is accually getting off of the nest.
That's what I was hoping to hear! We just put a camera in the coop😊 but I'm having a hard time getting it set right to notify me when there's motion which is frustrating and leading to me staring at the live feed WAY more than I should lol. I want to trust that she won't off herself lol, but paranoid mom here🙋

Back
Top Bottom