Broody Silkie turned adoptive mother!

Pics
That’s good!!! And no problem!! It’s okay, I do too. I think we all do sometimes lol I am sure I will be constantly worried about my 5 new chicks when I get them at the end of the month. I think it’s easy to worry when they’re that little.
Yes! That’s so true! As much as I love and find them irresistibly precious when they are tiny... I really can’t wait for them to grow up and out :lol:... and then they are gorgeous and full of personality!

Also, it’s only been a few days, right? Sometimes mama will keep them inside/in one spot until she feels they’re ready to go outside. Or she may have been waiting thinking more might hatch, just instinctual. And now she has decided no more will and/or that they are ready and moved them. :)
Oh, that makes sense... thank you!!

My OE Self Blue hen did that. She was setting on eggs and other hens kept running her off, so when the hen next to her hatched out a white one, we just put that one under our blue hen. She cuddled with it right off and then hatched out one more a few days later. She is such a little sweetheart.View attachment 1723936
I never knew how awesome chickens are and how much I’d love em:love:love:love

Yes! That’s so true! As much as I love and find them irresistibly precious when they are tiny... I really can’t wait for them to grow up and out :lol:... and then they are gorgeous and full of personality!

I agree!!! They are so adorable when little but I love watching them feather out and get their personalities. And of course be more self sufficient so I don’t have to worry as much lol

Oh, that makes sense... thank you!!

No problem! Glad I could help.

Cute story, oh they make great steep mothers this is so true :wee

I had a lady some years ago that would normally sit on a nest and have chicks under her wings and watch out if she found a empty nest as one time she had a dozen guinea chicks flowing her around and a gosling at the same time ... :lau
Aawww, I love that!

Okay, so now Camille has pasty butt! And she peeps a lot! I have cleaned it but how do you get rid of it? They eat medicated feed.. all of my chicks have always eaten medicated feed and never had a problem...

The hutch may be too warm, i kno bout the cold snap ;) but does the coop get enough ventilation? I havent ever seen a broody chick get pasty butt usually its the ones too warm under the heat lamp or highly stressed. Ive gotten em pasty from TS, usually cleaned em up once and not had it reoccur. Another thing thatll cause it ive heard is too many vits and/or meds.

Back
Top Bottom