1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

broody silkie.. we give up

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Hillsvale, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Hillsvale

Hillsvale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2009
    Hillsvale, Nova Scotia
    So our little silkie has been broody for ages but the last couple of days she gets frantic when you take her stolen eggs.... we have two new girls who are laying and believe they have our fayoumi roo romancing them so this morning we marked two eggs layed by our silver pencilled pheonix and a silver laced wyandotte... if she manages to hatch them they will be some interesting looking chicks! lol

Wish her luck!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  2. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    awe......poor broody girl hope she gets them hatched for you. Sometimes you just can't win against pre-programmed instincts.

3. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    I have never successfully broken a silkie of broodiness. Sigh. I just give them eggs and let them have at it.

Post pics of your hatch when they get here. I'd love to see what they end up looking like! [​IMG]

4. Hillsvale

Hillsvale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2009
    Hillsvale, Nova Scotia
    well I hope she can manage it.. its very cold here but I will leave her with them until mid-February and see what happens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by