Broody sumatra... babies update4/18

Another baby hatched today yippee. 2 eggs that got snuck in are left they may have up to a week to go. It was so cute when I went out to check after getting home to see the oldest one setting right in front of mom like he owned the place
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
Don't know who dad is I have cuckoo maran black langshan blue chochin and golden polish

Ok we have 4 out of 4 eggs she got off the nest and those 2 late eggs were cold so I opened them and if they had not been late I think they would have hatched too but someone snuck them in. She is showing them what to eat and what not and I took pics of the whole family and a video

32511_1003230046.jpg

32511_1003230033.jpg

32511_1003230005.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the compliments I loved sitting out there watching mama show them food and protecting them from the cat and me. She let me look at them when on the nest and stuff but she is a bit testy with them out so I didn't even want to push it.

Yes I am a photo junkie and will being post pics all the time as they grow. The best I can figure out so far is

1 egg is from my splash andalusian that was the first chick to hatch with feathered legs

2 eggs the 2 and 3rd to hatch were from my silver phoenix haven't looked at there legs and they are so tiny
saw a bit of feathing on legs today

1 egg the 4th to hatch could be from the golden phoenix since it looks like the other 2 but here eggs don't look like the silvers so not sure it is tiny too
head is all black and may have a bit of feathering on the legs

There were no sumatra eggs in this since she got back on the wrong nest twice and we lost those I also have a wc black polish hen but don't think any of them belonged to her. The Silver Phoenix is the one I definetly know and the andalusian is usually larger than the rest other wise they are all white

The roos are Cuckoo Maran (dominant) Black Langshan, Blue Cochin, and a Golden Polish but don't think he has any chance of being dad

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom