Brower 845 Incubator, How to use it?

It looks like a handful, maybe as far back as late 2013, had asked for instructions. Not sure if they were ever found but I can post them this week!

It looks like a handful, maybe as far back as late 2013, had asked for instructions. Not sure if they were ever found but I can post them this week!
THANK YOU! Yay!!! Will you be emailing them or just posting to this site somewhere? I am new here and still trying to figure out how to navigate around. I am hoping to hatch some eggs sometime, but have no idea what time of year to do this, since most chicks ship in the spring. Does it matter??

Again,
Thank You,

Shari

Last edited:
THANK YOU! Yay!!! Will you be emailing them or just posting to this site somewhere? I am new here and still trying to figure out how to navigate around. I am hoping to hatch some eggs sometime, but have no idea what time of year to do this, since most chicks ship in the spring. Does it matter?? 

Again, 
Thank You,

Shari

I'm not sure what method I'll be using yet. Once I can get in front of my computer I'll determine which will be the easier method. Probably post it.

As far as hatching, it really depends on what you want. If you're looking to sell, usually having a late winter/early spring hatch will work out better but I've never really sold chicks so I can't really speak from that perspective. It's just what makes sense to me. If you're hatching for personal and fun reasons, really it doesn't matter when you hatch. Whatever the reason just be mindful of temperature needs. Will they have shelter, heat, non frozen water, etc.

Hopefully this works! If not, maybe a mod will let me attach a file and if not I can share from my google drive. Tried embedding it.

I think if I could attach a file that would be best, maybe a mod can help out here? Until then, click here for a link to google drive that will go directly to the instructions.

Last edited:
Hopefully this works! If not, maybe a mod will let me attach a file and if not I can share from my google drive. Tried embedding it.

I think if I could attach a file that would be best, maybe a mod can help out here? Until then, click here for a link to google drive that will go directly to the instructions.
Thank You! It worked perfectly and I was able to download it from there to my computer. Now to find some fertilized eggs locally. I don't want to try shipped eggs at this time, I have heard the hatch rate is lessened with those.

Thank You! It worked perfectly and I was able to download it from there to my computer. Now to find some fertilized eggs locally. I don't want to try shipped eggs at this time, I have heard the hatch rate is lessened with those. 

Glad to hear! I think hatch rate just all depends. There are so many factors. Personally, I would try getting local first. I had ordered some online and put them under a broody. None of them hatched but I think I tried doing too many. I've read about others having successfull hatches with shipped eggs.

Hello

A friend got me into raising chickens for the eggs when the price started to go up a couple of years ago. I still have my small flock of chickens and would like to add a few more. I saw your post about the Brower 845 Incubator instructions in pdf format. If at all possible since I acquired 845 for free today. Found it in a junk pile in the back of a barn. Man who owns the farm is a city boy and did not know what it was. Asked him if it was for sale and he said take it as I know nothing about it. I told him what it was and now all I need to do is get a book for it.

My email is as follows: [email protected]

Thanks in advance,
J

Back
Top Bottom