Brown leghorn, Welsummer, Something else?

Wow, she is beautiful! And she does look like a brown leghorn, only a smaller comb. I guess that is probably since she isn't full-grown.
I’m sure her comb will probably get bigger, but since it’s getting so red already, do you think she’s getting close to laying? I have 4 pullets and only one has started laying so far. I’m so excited for them all to start! 😄

I’m sure her comb will probably get bigger, but since it’s getting so red already, do you think she’s getting close to laying? I have 4 pullets and only one has started laying so far. I’m so excited for them all to start! 😄
My White Leghorns started a week or two after my brown egg-layers, but they have produced more for sure! I would expect an egg any day. Some signs of an egg coming are going in and out of the coop and nest boxes more than usual and fluffing up the shavings.

My White Leghorns started a week or two after my brown egg-layers, but they have produced more for sure! I would expect an egg any day. Some signs of an egg coming are going in and out of the coop and nest boxes more than usual and fluffing up the shavings.
My barred rock has been laying for about 3 weeks now. Still nothing from this lady. She's not squatting, but does seem to be showing a little interest in the nest box, and going in and out of the coop quite a bit throughout the day. Fingers crossed 🤞she'll be laying soon! :)

This pretty lady finally laid her first egg!! 😍
Should I be at all concerned about the little bit of blood on it? She seems fine, and I haven’t noticed any blood anywhere else... 🤔
6465EA6F-C0E6-4BCE-94FC-3836FA55AC15.png
AFB6FA01-EB05-4053-A8ED-2203D0A4FD6F.jpeg

Congrats!
I would imagine she's okay. Pullets can lay all kinds of weird eggs when they start up the machinery.
She's a pretty girl.
Thank you! For a while she was very skittish, and wanted nothing to do with me. Now she follows me everywhere and wants all of the attention! lol She is pretty awesome! 😎😊

Back
Top Bottom