BST Discussion

Great question! Yes, there can be a delay. It usually isn't very long, but sometimes the processes for providing group / user access can take an hour or in some very rare cases overnight.

Indeed! 'Tis resolved-- ad posted, and getting good response. Thank you!
smile.png

I have a suggestion.

To the right of each ad posted, it lists for sale/wanted/free/etc, price, when it was bumped, how many views, and how many replies.

Can we please add "Location"? As in what state the item for sale is in? At least for those people who put "ship to nowhere, local only".

I'm scrolling down the ads and come across the exact birds I want, and it turns out that the person isn't willing to ship and they're like 2,000 miles away from me. Very frustrating. I posted an ad and I put in the title right where I'm located so only PA/NJ/NY people will bother clicking on it. But I shouldn't have to waste title space in order to let people know.

Thanks,
Jenne

I have a suggestion.

To the right of each ad posted, it lists for sale/wanted/free/etc, price, when it was bumped, how many views, and how many replies.

Can we please add "Location"? As in what state the item for sale is in? At least for those people who put "ship to nowhere, local only".

I'm scrolling down the ads and come across the exact birds I want, and it turns out that the person isn't willing to ship and they're like 2,000 miles away from me. Very frustrating. I posted an ad and I put in the title right where I'm located so only PA/NJ/NY people will bother clicking on it. But I shouldn't have to waste title space in order to let people know.

Thanks,
Jenne

Read post #17 & #18 for this same Q & A. Out of courtesy I do put my state in the title, hopefully more peeps will too.

Hello!

Once someone buys a chicken (or eggs) - is there a section for paypal? I am setting up my first classified ad on BYC!

Thanks!

Hens Midwife(c)

I was looking through the hatching eggs section and I noticed some of the "old" auctions are still showing up. Some are "locked" but not "closed," and others are outdated and still active. Is that how it is suppose to be? Locked? I dunno, but it really is a mess trying to wade through a bunch of old ones.

Would it be possible to have someone go through them and close the old ones?
hide.gif
I suppose that would be a big job, having to contact each member that has listed items and ask them first though ...... I dunno.....

Maybe if there was a start date and a stop date in the first line? That would help. Then we wouldn't bother to click on one that is closed. I see that as a real problem for folks with slow connections (waiting for pages to load, only to find it is an old auction).

Last edited by a moderator:
Or a sorting for Auctions vs Classifieds... or more subforums....

Auction Chicken eggs
Auction Chicken 8weeks or younger...
Auction Chicken 8 weeks older
Auction Other Poultry
Auction Other items for sale

Then allow the classified in the current groups?

Or maybe ... not sure

Read post #17 & #18 for this same Q & A. Out of courtesy I do put my state in the title, hopefully more peeps will too.
So from these posts, do I understand correctly that there is not a way to sort by location? I had thought that I over looked the way to do it---but it seems it doesn't exist. :O(

However, if someone puts their state in the title, then....at least you know how close they may be?? still a little confused.

There is no sort by location at this time, that's why I wish everyone would put location in their title. Nifty may be able to have a "sort by location" in the future. :fl

Back
Top Bottom