Bubbly eye

She has been separated from the other birds since Day 2 of noticing bubbly eye, and before she started sneezing. We will continue to monitor her...if things keep getting better and her symptoms disappear, I don't think we will pay to get her tested.

We are not raising chicks or selling meat or anything like that, so I think most likely is just that the other birds are exposed to MG but not when there are acute symptoms. We debated just putting her down rather than re-introduce her to the rest of the 4 birds, but we decided we could live with trying to manage their stress levels, etc. so that even if they are all carriers of MG, we hope symptoms rarely, if ever, flare up.

What ended up happening to your chicken with bubbly eye and no other symptoms? We have the same, just noticed it yesterday. We will quarantine her just in case, but as she's not sneezing or other symptoms, I'm curious what it might be.

Thanks!
My girl healed/cured herself. I just rinsed her eye once a day for about 5 days with a saline solution. After another 14-15 of doing nothing, no more bubbly eye, and back to normal

Try Tylan 50, working for us. It says it's for swine and cattle but it is safe for poultry.
We had an extreme case last week in both eyes. Our guys eyes where swollen shut. His comb and color was a little off but he acted completely normal. We had to hand feed him and give him water 3 times a day (he was unable to see his food). We quarantined and we tried tetracycline for 4 days with no improvement. He got some draining around the 2nd or 3rd day. On day 5 we was getting very concerned and got electorlytes and Tylan 50 and injected 1 cc (we have an adult rooster) under the skin 2x a day. He did great with the shot. After his second dose he looked much much better. Today is his third day with the injection and is almost 100%. On the first day of Tylan I put a drop or two in each eye and have used neosporin on his lids after that.

You put a drop or two of what. Saline? And did you just put the electrolytes in the water or in the shot with the Tylan? I have a bunch of my chickens coming down with this and I need to stop it now before I have to cull my flock!

After trying a number of treatments over the course of a few months, our rooster maintained a moderate level of illness with a gradual decline. Subcutaneous injections can cause muscle damage, potentially pain and increase stress so we thought we'd try the oral solution of Tylan 50 first and it worked. Finally, a healthy roo! We dosed him every morning & every night for Almost a month. Hope your flock gets through this.

Thank you so much. Yes I am seeing a big decline in most of them that have it and the only thing I hadn't tried is Tylan. So off to the store I go to get it. Thanks again!!

Back
Top Bottom