Buckeye Breed Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan, check your PM's here.
wink.png

Edited to add, I should get my brother to collect a bunch for me again this fall, and include one with each membership to the American Buckeye Poultry Club! That would be fun to do...

Last edited:
"Congratulations again to Jerry Couch for winning the American Class at the 'Something to Crow About' show in Newport, TN. Jerry won Class CH again with the Buckeye Cock purchased from Laura Haggarty as a chick (the same cock bird who won the Class in Moulton, Alabama a few weeks ago)."
>AND<
"I also heard that Joe Shumaker won CH Large Fowl at the Columbus IN show yesterday, congratulations to him on his win! So nice to see so many Buckeyes getting to Champion Row, a real boost for the breed!"

Congratulations Jerry and Joe! Always great to see those big red birds knocking out the competition.
smile.png

"Congratulations again to Jerry Couch for winning the American Class at the 'Something to Crow About' show in Newport, TN. Jerry won Class CH again with the Buckeye Cock purchased from Laura Haggarty as a chick (the same cock bird who won the Class in Moulton, Alabama a few weeks ago)."
>AND<
"I also heard that Joe Shumaker won CH Large Fowl at the Columbus IN show yesterday, congratulations to him on his win! So nice to see so many Buckeyes getting to Champion Row, a real boost for the breed!"

Congratulations Jerry and Joe! Always great to see those big red birds knocking out the competition.
smile.png
Thanks for the congrats......I ended getting Overall Grand Champion of Show!

congratulations Joe. That's the first I've ever heard of a buckeye winning grand champion of an APA show. that's quite an accomplishment to say the least.

congratulations Joe. That's the first I've ever heard of a buckeye winning grand champion of an APA show. that's quite an accomplishment to say the least.

And it's not every day someone beats one of the Bennett family's bantams either. Truly, a very good accomplishment.

The closest we ever got was when my daughters won Reserve CH of the Bluegrass show in '07 with their Buckeye cock bird. But that was the Junior show, so not the same.

Last edited:
Congratulations, Joe! Excellent bird, especially the type, I really liked the width on him. And there was definitely some stiff competition in the bantams, there were some very nice modern and old english.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom