Buckeye Breed Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I have enjoyed about getting into showing is to be able to see all sorts of poultry breeds and varieties. The buckeyes were really beautiful, huge nice birds, glad I got to see them! Laura is right, showing is a lot of fun. NEPC really did a great job this year, it was only my third show and the best yet. Fun, fun, fun plus lots of great poultry people to meet.

Last edited:
If anyone cares to look at my thread wanna-be on page #2 of "Meat Birds," I'd be appreciative! It's about Delawares and Buckeyes.
smile.png

Quote:
The Febuary show is in Newnan but if I enjoy it I plan to also show at Dalton.I am not sure of the date yet for the Dalton show but the Newnan show is Feb.20th.I will be reading your articles and tips as well as picking chris's mind.I hope he goes with me to the show in Newnan.
smile.png

Laura, first let me say, "Congratulations!" on your recent win. Having said that, I just wanted to say that you probably unknowingly but thankfully pointed out one of the great things about shows. It is always a real joy to meet someone in person that you've only met before by email or phone.

God Bless,

Well go to the shows James and pass that good info along to us! BTW I have the incubator up and warm ready for your eggs! Really!

Quote:
Thanks! I personally feel the interaction with my fellow chicken lovers is the best part about shows. I was talking about this to a woman who called yesterday about Buckeyes. We laughed at how our non-chicken-owning friends think we're slightly crazy, and roll their eyes when we start waxing poetic about our birds. But when you're at a chicken show, everyone there feels that way, and it's so nice not to be the "crazy chicken lady" for once.

wink.png

If I was to show, that would be one of the main reasons for doing it (I don't know of any poultry shows close to us, and can't afford to drive very far with my 3/4 ton pickup). That's the main reason why I joined the local dairy goat club after we moved here, so I could get to know people who like goats. One of my friends who has chickens is going to be moving to within three miles of us, so I'm going to see if I can get her involved in a joint project!

Kathleen

Quote:
I will be going next month and I will share my first show experience with everyone.Oh and your eggs went out today so you should be having more babies sometime the first of next month
smile.png
I finally got caught up on my egg shipping
lol.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom