Buckeye Breed Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
indeed! Buckeyes = Borgs, well, kinda.

lol.png

10 eggs, 7 hatched, one pipped. I have a sneaking suspicion that 8/10 is going to be my final count, and knowing my luck they're all roosters but still....

celebrate.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

We have 6 Buckeye Bantam eggs and 17 LF Buckeye eggs in a friend's bator

All 6 Bantam have chicks. Parents were purchased by a friend at the Ohio National.

2 LF were tossed and two more may be tossed. The other thirteen eggs have chicks. These are from David Puthoff hens and a Chris McCary roo!

We set some Superior Farms eggs last night. Have a thread for that at https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=320400

Quote:
Ann Charles said that some will be shown at Pine Bluff. Don't recall the name, but they are from Arkansas. They are buying several breeds, including the Buckeyes. So a breeder/exhibitor are getting the Superior Buckeyes. Maybe I can get some eggs or chicks from them this summer or fall.

I am looking to replace a Buckeye rooster that I lost recently. Is there anyone around Northeast Ohio (I live in Wayne county) that would have one to sell? Thanks.

Glenn

Quote:
I commend you on the effort you took to get your Buckeye chicks. They are great birds. I'm enjoying mine and I'm sure you will yours.

Quote:
I commend you on the effort you took to get your Buckeye chicks. They are great birds. I'm enjoying mine and I'm sure you will yours.

Guess they could have drove back to Tulsa via Rogers, Arkansas and drpped some more off to you Har! That or had a Buckeye meetup at Ft. Smith! How amny miles are you from Tulsa? Isn't it less than two hours drive? I have a friend near Tulsa waiting for my girls to start laying so he can get free chicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom