Buckeye Peeps Enjoying Life

BuckeyeAmy69

Crowing
Mar 9, 2020
NW, OH
I’m loving my time off from work. It’s given me the opportunity to just enjoy moments like this. Never let a good crisis go to waste! ;)

B7E33837-A94C-468C-A244-7ABA75E5F5C9.jpeg

Wait for it…

1C285A04-49C4-4F98-8FDB-551F2556C25D.jpeg

Ahhhh!

F6C8077A-B6C2-4A1D-A121-E37B37A2E39B.jpeg

Pure bliss!

My Buckeyes are 7 weeks old now. I moved them to the grow out coop yesterday. They are loving the new accommodations!

345B6B86-B39A-4485-B0B9-FF5F7B9CAF59.jpeg

There are 2 EE pullets in there too. They will be staying in the grow out coop when the Buckeyes get moved to the tractor. Here they were having a meeting at the water cooler to discuss the day’s events. I keep thinking they look like fat little quail (with huge beaks) without their tail feathers! :lau

Nice! I have a little buckeye and two Ameraucanas/Easter Eggers(really not sure). And wish I had another Buckeye. So funny and sweet. They are only about 5 weeks but last night spent their first night in coop. Before they were in run during the day and still under the heat lamp at night. I was so worried about them but when I checked up on them they were sound asleep. It was me who had the anxiety, not them. Lol. I do know I need a bigger run. Such active birds. The Buckeye acts like she’s drinking Red Bull all day.

I’m loving my time off from work. It’s given me the opportunity to just enjoy moments like this. Never let a good crisis go to waste! ;)

View attachment 2184535

Wait for it…

View attachment 2184536

Ahhhh!

View attachment 2184537

Pure bliss!

My Buckeyes are 7 weeks old now. I moved them to the grow out coop yesterday. They are loving the new accommodations!

View attachment 2184538

There are 2 EE pullets in there too. They will be staying in the grow out coop when the Buckeyes get moved to the tractor. Here they were having a meeting at the water cooler to discuss the day’s events. I keep thinking they look like fat little quail (with huge beaks) without their tail feathers! :lau
Beautiful girls!!! I bought one Buckeye last spring in about 150 chicks. Her name is Betty and she's amazing. I just received five more from a different Hatchery last week. They don't really look like she did. They're more yellow and orange and they have the orange chipmunk stripes down their back... do you have pictures of your girls when they were a week old? I'm concerned that they didn't send me the right chicks or that they're very poor quality.

Beautiful girls!!! I bought one Buckeye last spring in about 150 chicks. Her name is Betty and she's amazing. I just received five more from a different Hatchery last week. They don't really look like she did. They're more yellow and orange and they have the orange chipmunk stripes down their back... do you have pictures of your girls when they were a week old? I'm concerned that they didn't send me the right chicks or that they're very poor quality.
As a matter of fact I do have pictures. They should be red. I got mine from Meyer Hatchery here in Ohio.

09427430-205B-46C4-8ADB-510F5A0DC226.jpeg

There are 3 EE chicks on the right in this photo. The rest are Buckeyes. Hope that helps!

As a matter of fact I do have pictures. They should be red. I got mine from Meyer Hatchery here in Ohio.

View attachment 2211075

There are 3 EE chicks on the right in this photo. The rest are Buckeyes. Hope that helps!
Betty, my first was from Meyer and that's exactly what she looked like. The 5 new ones are from Hoover. **sigh** I wonder if they are buckeyes...

Hmmm, they don't look like Buckeyes do they? I don't know what you ended up with, sorry. I am done buying chicks from TSC/Hoovers. They are just too unreliable, and the staff at TSC lack knowledge of chickens.

Back
Top Bottom