Budgie Breeding

Pics
Well baby #1 hatched in nest #2 (bumbo the albino is currently setting) FINALLY!!!! I was really worried because this nest got water in it during a recent storm!!!! I dried the box and the eggs and left them in……so glad I did!!!!

momma Bella got pushed off her nest (#1) and several females seem to be fighting over it. There are currently 10 eggs in there with zero hatched. I’m not overly optimistic.

I have additional nest boxes ordered and I’m hoping once they are all in place, the females will each pick their own and stop fighting over the others. My coconut fiber nesting material arrived today ahead of the new boxes. I’m going to try to sneak some into nest #2 tomorrow and mr muddy is going to try and help me find a way to deflect any rainwater from going into that box over next few weeks as the babies grow. Once they fledge, we will move that box again to a safer spot.

I put some nesting material in the box and moved baby and the eggs up on top……will see tomorrow if momma left them there or if she moved them back and threw out the nest material like she has everything else I’ve put in there 🙈

2007A759-123D-4332-BCD8-CCFC7889D6FE.jpeg
CB9C5B38-19EA-4F45-A7C4-27654B995A7B.jpeg

hershey, skittles, and peanut

Back
Top Bottom