Budgie Eggs!

Pics
So many choices. Should I go with the beautiful colors of #2, or the floof and size of #3??? And then #4 WOULD be interesting.

I'll stick with the big birbs!! Put me down for #3!
WISE CHOICE! The mum is excellent and the dad is too. Their egg size is huge (compared to a normal budgie egg, teeny tiny anyways) and I saw them mating today so definitely a bunch of eggs. I'll be hoping for 5 from her. She wont let me down I hope 🤞

Pairing #1
Female :
View attachment 2976405
Light Green Opaline

Male : View attachment 2976406
Yellowface Sky Blue Spangle Opaline or RAINBOW

Expectations :
50% Yellowface babies
50% Spangle babies
100% Opaline babies
50% Light Green Babies
50% Sky blue babies
Aim is to get the spangle light green budgies

Eggs laid till now : 3
There is no spangled mutation in a true rainbow

What do you mean by true rainbow? A rainbow is made of clearwing normally, but spangle can be swapped for that and it still makes a pretty, in my opinion, a even prettier bird.
Rainbow has clearwing opaline and yellowface type two a true rainbow doesnt have spangled in it. like this is a true rainbow
Screenshot_20220129-132426_Facebook.jpg
this is its own combonation adding spangled doesnt make it a rainbow :)
Screenshot_20220129-132809_Chrome.jpg

Rainbow has clearwing opaline and yellowface type two a true rainbow doesnt have spangled in it. like this is a true rainbow View attachment 2976812 this is its own combonation adding spangled doesnt make it a rainbow :)
View attachment 2976815
Oh so a "True Spangle" is the one which doesn't have clearwing swapped? Makes sense I guess, though I take info from that website little, it's called Cute Little Aviary or something I think.

Back
Top Bottom