budgie:male or female?

Thats what i thought.even though she sings which is something that males usually do.Yes I will buy a male but not yet .generally her cere has always been this way so I dont know if her breeding season has past.

In one of the later pictures, I noticed the budgie appeared to have a grey iris. If that's the case, it is most definitely not a recessive pied. However, it's much too difficult to tell what it is without a pic of its back.

as a parakeet breeder of over 40 years, when i first looked at the picture i thought it was a hen but then looking at the other pictures i'm thinking its a male with maybe a tumor on the inside, i've had proven males that the cere started changing from blue to brown, looked like a hen with the brown but i knew it was a male, lots of chicks from them before the tumor got them
so if this keet 's cere has never turned brown in over the year you've had "her" then its a sick (tumor) male my opinion for what its worth, sorry

to 210175 ,just because you asked about breeding .i came to the conclusion that my budgie was actually a male.there are some mutations like dominants pieds that have a blue/pink cere even in maturity .their cere will never change during the years it'll stay the same colour .so i bought a female recessive pied with while /little hints of blue cere(now i see the difference between the sexes , the female is dominant never sings and bites very hard indeed,males wont stop singing ).they are getting along they clean each other etc.if your budgie's cere never changes to brown you should check it again.

Wow, It's been several years since I bred them but it looks female to me.Very pretty bird.FYI. If you find one to be overly aggressive you may want to separate and try to re introduce a little later. I have had female kill males. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom