Buff brahma roo?

JPhilpot

In the Brooder
May 6, 2016
Oklahoma
Hi everyone, I don't know anything about buff brahma's. My son picked it out when I was buying pullets. It hasn't been crowing but feathers say roo to me. I want to say its around 17weeks old. I'm here to ask the experts. What do y'all think?

Well my 6 year old won't be happy. He got him and some others for his birthday. Five of eight are/were roo's. Rehomed two so far.

Could someone please tell me if our buff brahma is a roo. 14 weeks old, huge, black feathers have green in them and I think maybe those are saddle feathers coming in, but no crowing. The farm where we bought it says he thinks Pullet, but I'm not convinced. Thanks for any input.

Could someone please tell me if our buff brahma is a roo. 14 weeks old, huge, black feathers have green in them and I think maybe those are saddle feathers coming in, but no crowing. The farm where we bought it says he thinks Pullet, but I'm not convinced. Thanks for any input.

Cockerel. Too much red comb and wattles for a female Brahma of that age, and you can see male saddle feathers coming in.

Back
Top Bottom