Buff-Laced Polish pullet....but maybe not.

rachelrenee1

Songster
5 Years
Apr 30, 2014
Utah

Sold as a sexed pullet, but from what I've read of crest growth, this is a masculine growth pattern. S/he is also fairly assertive. She jumps at one silkie in particular, and pecks her head. When a bird flies overhead, she stands up to look while the rest cower and hide.

Almost 4 weeks old. I realize it's early, but I'm curious as to other thoughts. I feel positive my white crested black polish is a pullet. But this buff laced has me scratching my head. Legs still thin, usually that more crouched walk vs. upright. But my above concerns. Should I worry?

Sold as a sexed pullet, but from what I've read of crest growth, this is a masculine growth pattern. S/he is also fairly assertive. She jumps at one silkie in particular, and pecks her head. When a bird flies overhead, she stands up to look while the rest cower and hide.

Almost 4 weeks old. I realize it's early, but I'm curious as to other thoughts. I feel positive my white crested black polish is a pullet. But this buff laced has me scratching my head. Legs still thin, usually that more crouched walk vs. upright. But my above concerns. Should I worry?

I'm thinking pullet but I don't have much experience sexing crested poultry. I'd like to see what other people think.

IMG_9586.JPG
IMG_9587.JPG
In the interest of keeping this forum educational for those searching old posts, this one ended up a cockerel, even though it was vent sexed as a pullet.

Back
Top Bottom