Buff Orpington gender?

Crumchicks

In the Brooder
Apr 17, 2023
Is there any chance my buff, popcorn, on the left is not a cockerel? “She’s” my favorite so I’m really hoping she’s a she since we aren’t allowed Roos

Attachments

• IMG_6890.jpeg
    IMG_6890.jpeg
    325.1 KB · Views: 57
Way too young to tell genders yet, but... Where did you get them? The one on the left has very large legs, is whiter in color, and seems bigger than the other chick. Thinking it might be a Cornish X. :(

Way too young to tell genders yet, but... Where did you get them? The one on the left has very large legs, is whiter in color, and seems bigger than the other chick. Thinking it might be a Cornish X. :(

Tractor Supply is known for having chick mix ups. I believe you have one buff Orp and a CX.
She is WAY bigger than all the others, so that would make sense! I’d never heard of them mixing up breeds before, just genders.

Attachments

• IMG_6889.jpeg
    IMG_6889.jpeg
    258.2 KB · Views: 29
She is WAY bigger than all the others, so that would make sense! I’d never heard of them mixing up breeds before, just genders.
They mix up breeds, and misinform that the chicks are sexed, because they rarely ever are, all the time unfortunately.

Cornish X are meat birds and are meant to get very big very fast and be processed at a young age. They often suffer leg issues, heart failures, and other internal problems because of how big and fast they grow. Most don't live over a year. I have seen people getting their rescued or accidental CX to live a year or two longer buy feeding a very monitored diet and making sure they get plenty of exercise.

They mix up breeds, and misinform that the chicks are sexed, because they rarely ever are, all the time unfortunately.

Cornish X are meat birds and are meant to get very big very fast and be processed at a young age. They often suffer leg issues, heart failures, and other internal problems because of how big and fast they grow. Most don't live over a year. I have seen people getting their rescued or accidental CX to live a year or two longer buy feeding a very monitored diet and making sure they get plenty of exercise.
I just remembered last year we got “Easter Eggers” from them that turned out to be Welsummers so I guess I have heard of them mixing up breeds🤦🏼‍♀️ I completely forgot!

Back
Top Bottom