Buff orpington hen, 8mo, needs a good home in the Triangle, NC area

amandau

Hatching
Dec 2, 2019
After 3 years of no issues, we were hit with a predator recently (probably a raccoon) and have been left with a sole hen after having 5. It's been a hard week.

She's about 8 months old, has been a great layer so far, and is incredibly sweet with humans, other chickens, and dogs.

We're not ready to refill our stock (need to spend some time fortifying out coop and pen!), but she needs some friends ASAP. Willing to give away to a good home around Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill/Pittsboro with other friendly hens.

but she needs some friends ASAP. Willing to give away to a good home around Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill/Pittsboro with other friendly hens.
Hi there, welcome to BYC! :frow

Sorry to hear about your predator losses. :(

If you haven't yet had any good response on here... maybe you can try your local craigslist farm and garden or pet section. With a little discernment, I have had many good chicken (and other livestock) encounters. :fl

Once your wagons are circled I hope your coop is filled with new life! :hugs

I am in the Raleigh area and would be willing to re-home your chicken. I currently have 14 hens (all friendly) and have the room to include another.

After 3 years of no issues, we were hit with a predator recently (probably a raccoon) and have been left with a sole hen after having 5. It's been a hard week.

She's about 8 months old, has been a great layer so far, and is incredibly sweet with humans, other chickens, and dogs.

We're not ready to refill our stock (need to spend some time fortifying out coop and pen!), but she needs some friends ASAP. Willing to give away to a good home around Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill/Pittsboro with other friendly hens.

If you have not found a home for your hen, i live in Greensboro NC. I have 6 girls and they free range in an acre.

Back
Top Bottom