• Rooster

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Jlothedonkey11

Hatching
Jan 15, 2016
My neighbor brought me down a chicken 4 months ago and swore that it was going to lay an egg any day now. Well four months later the chicken has yet to lay an egg. It doesn't lay eggs and it doesn't try to crow and it doesn't have a long tail. So my question is can anyone tell me if this chicken is a hen or a rooster.

That's definitely a Boy! but you should keep him Buff Orpingtons Boys are super nice and fluffy! You can tell its a boy by the comb, wattles, and saddle feathers!

cockerel do you have any roosters around? Generally a young male is silent because the head rooster would thrash him, if he knew there was competition for the girls.

That particular cross may not be 100% accurate visually inspecting chicks- black patterned buff pullets and black pattern yellow/gold cockerels (that's close color to discern as chicks). A Silver over a female buff would be much easier to sex- silver base pullets (grow to incomplete pattern silver laced with some buff leakage) and black pattern yellow/gold cockerels.

I went out this morning to feed my chickens and he crowed! I couldn't believe it! My beloved Gloria is a rooster! I've since changed his name to brucey and he will stay as long as he keeps his good temperament. Any tips on how to keep his good temperament?

Back
Top Bottom