Pics
Well I’m glad I’ve been educated - no, seriously. Fortunately I don’t have any of my own, so I haven’t had to say it wrong much. Also I can never remember ‘Plymouth’ so I just say barred rock - which is maybe closer but apparently still off. 😄
Barred rock is fine, it’s the fact that many don’t know that “barred” is the variety.

For example, I saw a thread the other day where someone asked help sexing their “White Buff Orpingtons” instead or “White Orpingtons” as if “Buff Orpington” is the breed.

It’s like saying “Silver Penciled Barred Rock” instead of “Silver Penciled rock” or “buff black cochin” instead of “Buff Cochin” etc...

Is it me, or has there been an influx of Orpington threads recently? 🤔

And why is one of them claiming that Buff Orp lovers are the 'silent' majority? Like... what? :gig There's a million posts about how much people love their Buff Orps and just this one thread against them, and as I recall a large portion of the participants here have been Buff Orp lovers anyway, so..?

Is it me, or has there been an influx of Orpington threads recently? 🤔

And why is one of them claiming that Buff Orp lovers are the 'silent' majority? Like... what? :gig There's a million posts about how much people love their Buff Orps and just this one thread against them, and as I recall a large portion of the participants here have been Buff Orp lovers anyway, so..?
Exactly! Gosh it‘s so annoying. I made a SINGLE thread.

I’ve seen one saying “Buff Orp hate is an integral part of the community, so I thought we need a place to share out love for them.”

There are so many buff Orp lover threads but of course a SINGLE buff Orp hate thread gets all the attention. Makes no sense. If you don’t like it, keep scrolling, don’t need to make a lover thread as some sort of “retaliation.“

I mean, I agree that negative reviews of any breed are an integral part of BYC, or at least they should be because:
in·te·gral
/ˈin(t)əɡrəl,inˈteɡrəl/
adjective:
necessary to make a whole complete; essential or fundamental.

But yeah, that seemed way, way overly dramatic to me as well, and was the sort of thing I was referring to in my first post on this thread. Some people just cannot handle that others don't like their favorite breed, as if a handful of people hating on them is going to cause a super popular breed like Buff Orpingtons to go extinct or something. :rolleyes: Oh, well.

I mean, I agree that negative reviews of any breed are an integral part of BYC, or at least they should be because:

But yeah, that seemed way, way overly dramatic to me as well, and was the sort of thing I was referring to in my first post on this thread. Some people just cannot handle that others don't like their favorite breed, as if a handful of people hating on them is going to cause a super popular breed like Buff Orpingtons to go extinct or something. :rolleyes: Oh, well.
Yep. I have been told I am “spreading too much negativity” just for not liking BOs, but if you look At chickens like Naked Necks, they get SOOO much more hate than BOs, but no one thinks twice about it because ”they are ugly.”

To be fair, when hating on a hugely popular breed like BOs you are going to expect some lash back, and I did, but not as much as we got. I mean, a whole thread was created hating on this thread. But I think what annoys me the most is I put in the first post that if you are a BO lover this isn’t the thread for you, don’t get offended, and just keep scrolling. Heck, I even linked a Buff Orp lover thread for those people.

But noooo they have to try and convince me hatchery buff Orpingtons are amazing.

Yep. I have been told I am “spreading too much negativity” just for not liking BOs, but if you look At chickens like Naked Necks, they get SOOO much more hate than BOs, but no one thinks twice about it because ”they are ugly.”

It's funny that you bring them up, too, because the same people who bend over backwards to defend poor Buff Orpingtons from us meanies will call naked necks ugly or say they don't like them if asked about them. Like. Really? Do you not see what you're doing there? 🤔

Anyway, I can't wait to tell people they're spreading too much negativity when they tell me what pizza toppings they don't like, or what their least favorite color is, or that they hate the current weather :)

Back
Top Bottom