Pics
Hmmmm

Get silkied cochins? Or not commit an almost unforgivable sin?

Choose Which One GIF by GEICO

Well, red sex links are half RIR. A lot of common hatchery breeds are just bred for egg production and little else. That’s why the apparently “dual purpose” buff Orpington isn’t much bigger than an RIR. Actually, RIRs are supposed to be dual purpose too, but the hatchery ones really aren’t. Other hatchery breeds I would consider high production are black australorps, barred rocks, and Easter eggers. (I listed specific variety because the most common variety is usually the one farthest removed from the standard.)
Oh yeah the hatchery birds definitely lay more than like show birds or whatever but I just had never heard of reproductive problems with the “heritage” type birds, even hatchery versions, whereas I feel like practically every sex link dies at 2-3 from issues 😂😭 that’s why I never got them.

Oh yeah the hatchery birds definitely lay more than like show birds or whatever but I just had never heard of reproductive problems with the “heritage” type birds, even hatchery versions, whereas I feel like practically every sex link dies at 2-3 from issues 😂😭 that’s why I never got them.
Well they also say that Cornish X die at a few months old, sometimes almost a year.
My girl is 1 year and 4 months and very healthy.

Back
Top Bottom