You’ve never heard of fire stunts?
That’s what I do with my buff orps. Fire rings. If they succeed, I get a good circus animal I can sell for $2039392. And if they don’t, I get a nice roasted chicken for dinner. It’s a win win!

There’s a reason I only have one orp…

Fair. I just wanted to know cause mine have been awesome and was wondering if any of yall didn't like them because of their parenting skills.

No, this has nothing to do with my dislike of the variety.

Huh, I had heard that Buff Orpingtons or just Orpingtons in general went broody alot. My Buff Orpington went broody and was a good mama but I guess it can really vary.

I don't think any of the Orpingtons I've owned over the years ever went broody. The Cochins on the other hand... :th

You don't like their color? What about it don't you like? Sorry am I asking to many questions, I just like my Buff Orpingtons and am trying to figure out why y'all don't.

I've said as much earlier in the thread, but since there are so many pages to dig through, I'll reiterate. I have nothing against Orpingtons as a breed, just that specific variety regardless of the breed it's on. I find solid Buff to be boring and unpleasant to look at. Why would I subject myself to a variety I don't like just because of reputed personality traits that, especially from a hatchery, are not a guarantee, when I can get much prettier varieties of breeds I love and have a flock of much prettier birds to look at?

Well it's better then barfy

I don't know, Barfy is way more creative than Buffy for a Buff Orpington. 🤭

This is true.

So how long until we all start calling English Orpingtons, 'Englorps?' 🤔
1658509501872.png

We don't. They were developed in England by William Cook. He called them Orpingtons. They are just Orpingtons. The reason they are now called English Orpingtons is to differentiate them from the American garbage Orpingtons that hatcheries produce. Proper Orpingtons that follow the American Standard of Perfection (APA) are much better to look at. Black Australorps are descended from Black Orpingtons imported to Australia and crossed with other breeds to meet their needs.
1658509796753.png

Now. You just coined it.
That is a coin I would leave under the couch cushions or on the floor. It is ill-fated.
This has been my life long question
1658509851708.png

I know English Orpingtons are called as such to differentiate them from American Orpingtons. I also know Australorps started as Australian Orpingtons. That was... That was the joke. On this, a joke thread. :confused: Some of the reactions to posts on this thread are truly baffling me at this point.

Now. You just coined it.
I know English Orpingtons are called as such to differentiate them from American Orpingtons. I also know Australorps started as Australian Orpingtons. That was... That was the joke. On this, a joke thread. :confused: Some of the reactions to posts on this thread are truly baffling me at this point.
Don't worry, Colt is just poking fun. He does it a lot, just eloquently.

Back
Top Bottom