I will never understand why some chickens just have an insatiable appetite for beards. My Easter-eggers are always clean-shaven with that weird uni-wattle look going by late summer. šŸ¤­

Solid Buff would be the one for me! I use the distinction of 'solid' because I don't mind things like buff laced, buff Columbian, etc., but when it's solid it's just so... blah. Icky. Boring. I don't know, I just don't like it. I used to put solid white in the same category, but I've more recently discovered that I don't mind pure white birds who have slate legs, such as White Ameraucanas, or dark skin, like some of the Ayam Cemani hybrids I've seen. Solid Buff, I can't say the same. I just don't like that color regardless of other features the bird may have.

As for the turkey, nah, I don't like that. Same issue as with chickens. The color just doesn't do it for me.

I did see a buff turkey in show once that I thought was quite pretty, though. I actually don't recall if this was actually labelled as buff or if I'm misremembering, and I don't know turkey varieties well enough to self-correct on it.

View attachment 3211475
Thatā€™s brown šŸ˜œšŸ¤£šŸ™ˆ
Love the buff torkey
Whatā€™s a torkey? šŸ˜œšŸ¤£šŸ™ˆ

I love a nice buff Columbian BC. šŸ˜Œ
Reallyyyyy!!

They still look barf! Screenshot_20220722-090850_Trade Me.jpg

I will never understand why some chickens just have an insatiable appetite for beards. My Easter-eggers are always clean-shaven with that weird uni-wattle look going by late summer. šŸ¤­

Solid Buff would be the one for me! I use the distinction of 'solid' because I don't mind things like buff laced, buff Columbian, etc., but when it's solid it's just so... blah. Icky. Boring. I don't know, I just don't like it. I used to put solid white in the same category, but I've more recently discovered that I don't mind pure white birds who have slate legs, such as White Ameraucanas, or dark skin, like some of the Ayam Cemani hybrids I've seen. Solid Buff, I can't say the same. I just don't like that color regardless of other features the bird may have.

As for the turkey, nah, I don't like that. Same issue as with chickens. The color just doesn't do it for me.

I did see a buff turkey in show once that I thought was quite pretty, though. I actually don't recall if this was actually labelled as buff or if I'm misremembering, and I don't know turkey varieties well enough to self-correct on it.

View attachment 3211475
I saw turkeys like that among the buffs. I donā€™t think it has the ā€œcorrectā€ buff genetics though.

Back
Top Bottom