I will never understand why some chickens just have an insatiable appetite for beards. My Easter-eggers are always clean-shaven with that weird uni-wattle look going by late summer. 🤭

Solid Buff would be the one for me! I use the distinction of 'solid' because I don't mind things like buff laced, buff Columbian, etc., but when it's solid it's just so... blah. Icky. Boring. I don't know, I just don't like it. I used to put solid white in the same category, but I've more recently discovered that I don't mind pure white birds who have slate legs, such as White Ameraucanas, or dark skin, like some of the Ayam Cemani hybrids I've seen. Solid Buff, I can't say the same. I just don't like that color regardless of other features the bird may have.

As for the turkey, nah, I don't like that. Same issue as with chickens. The color just doesn't do it for me.

I did see a buff turkey in show once that I thought was quite pretty, though. I actually don't recall if this was actually labelled as buff or if I'm misremembering, and I don't know turkey varieties well enough to self-correct on it.

View attachment 3211475
What about these? They aren’t so uneven and red but still have that rich coloring https://chocolateturkeys.org/buff/

I could be remembering wrong, but I believe Emma has said she's fine with Buff Ameraucanas.

Me, not so much. 😬 I'm not biased, I don't like the solid Buff variety on any breed.
Nope, even Ameraucanas I can't do. It's silkies I'm okay with. Somehow I missed a bunch on this thread so now everyone will be getting month old posts dug up 🤭🤭

However if I had to choose between buff Ameraucanas vs something else I'd probably choose the Ameraucanas because they have floofy beards and lay pretty eggs, not to mention their incredible personality

Back
Top Bottom