*Buff Orpington Thread!*

She's so round & pretty! I should be getting 2 Buff Orpington eggs in the mail tomorrow or Monday from Meyer. I really hope I can successfully hatch them! Yours is adorable!

Ohhhh I hope I have eggs soon!!!

Thank you, I feel like she's small.. But I guess I need to stop trying to compare my girls to magazine chickens. Lol.... She is my sweetest, and a ball of joy!!

YAY!!!
1f60d.png

Ohhhh I hope I have eggs soon!!!

Thank you, I feel like she's small.. But I guess I need to stop trying to compare my girls to magazine chickens. Lol.... She is my sweetest, and a ball of joy!!
LOL I don't think it helps their self esteems to be held up to what the media portrays a girl should look like
wink.png
. Half of those magazine chicks are probably air brushed into beauty!

LOL I don't think it helps their self esteems to be held up to what the media portrays a girl should look like ;) . Half of those magazine chicks are probably air brushed into beauty!

Hahaaa... True!! Well I'm happy to say that when I got home today I had an Egg in the box!!! I think it's from my BO but not sure :)

I know these are not the best of photo's, but I got these Buff Orpingtons because my wife loves Orpingtons. I am not terribly familiar with the breed and would like some expert opinions on the sex of these three. They are between 4 and 5 months old. They are all three larger than my Swedish Flower Hen roo.

I am at the point that I need to cull to make room for the 27 chicks I have that range from 2 months to 3 weeks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just as an FYI, 4 of those chicks are lavender orpingtons.

I know these are not the best of photo's, but I got these Buff Orpingtons because my wife loves Orpingtons. I am not terribly familiar with the breed and would like some expert opinions on the sex of these three. They are between 4 and 5 months old. They are all three larger than my Swedish Flower Hen roo.

I am at the point that I need to cull to make room for the 27 chicks I have that range from 2 months to 3 weeks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just as an FYI, 4 of those chicks are lavender orpingtons.

They all look male to me. I see the pointy saddle feathers, a male trait, on at least two of them, plus they have a male body type, generally as well from what I can tell.

Last edited:
They all look male to me. I see the pointy saddle feathers, a male trait, on at least two of them, plus they have a male body type, generally as well from what I can tell.
That is what I thought... I purchased them as a sexed trio. So, to say I'm a little disappointed would be fair, but they were relatively young when I bought them. So, I can't be to upset with the seller. However, I will have some delicious chicken dinners.

Back
Top Bottom