*Buff Orpington Thread!*

Lacey, Bella and Daffy
12140692_10203513972849605_2783508448244789729_n.jpg

Awe, the babies all grew up. How sweet.

My buff pullets I raised from a few days old...I got them from a farm store for a few dollars...Alfred, my buff rooster was full grown and cost $10

Last edited:

I got this boy and I was told he is a pure buff orphington but I think he has some RIR in him because of the black in his tail feathers. Can someone confirm one way or the other? Thanks

I am new to chickens. My first picks were Polish and Silkies. I thought I would love the silkies most, but I quickly fell in love with Polish as I was raising them. Then my husband wanted a "real" chicken....so I did my research and thought Buff Orpington would be the choice. Got 3 chicks...and OMG....they are sooooooooo friendly and playful!!!! I thought they are ordinary looking and I would just fell so so about them, but man, was I very wrong. Every day after work, I am looking forward to play with my Orpington. As soon as I open the coop door, my 3 girls just ran and jump onto my lap and just snuggle and sit, as I am doing my routine to sift the poop. Sifting poop become something I am looking forward to hahahahah because my Orpigton keep me entertained.
It is true what people say about the Orpington: they are the chicken version of Golden Retriever!!
Here are my 3 girls: Helena, Harriet, and Augustine. They are 6 weeks old and live with my silkie girls.

And this is Helena. She is the jealous one when the others are already on my lap, she would stare as if she's saying,"me too! Me too!"

Last edited:
My girls have free range of the back yard and every time we go outside they come running makes you feel loved. I'm so happy to hear other people have the same exierience there is nothing like it!

I'm so happy you got the Buffs we love our girls and they are funny and friendly with very distinct personalities. I love hearing about other peoples chickens. Best of luck to you and your girls, they look very sweet!

Back
Top Bottom