*Buff Orpington Thread!*

my buffs are now more vocal than ever before they are around 25-30 weeks old and was wondering when they will start laying ?

Last edited:
So I ordered some chicks from Meyer, 2 of which r my 1st BO's. They will be 4 weeks old Monday. They are all supposed to be female. 1 of my BO's is almost completely feathered and twice the size of the other. Plus its feathers are coming in a lot lighter colored than the other. All this makes me keep wondering. Hmmmm. Did I get a pair???

So I ordered some chicks from Meyer, 2 of which r my 1st BO's. They will be 4 weeks old Monday. They are all supposed to be female. 1 of my BO's is almost completely feathered and twice the size of the other. Plus its feathers are coming in a lot lighter colored than the other. All this makes me keep wondering. Hmmmm. Did I get a pair???
let's hope not. It's really still to early to tell based on feathers. My spring chicks grew at all different rates. Even now at 20 weeks, they are completely different sizes with different wattle and comb growth stages.

let's hope not. It's really still to early to tell based on feathers. My spring chicks grew at all different rates. Even now at 20 weeks, they are completely different sizes with different wattle and comb growth stages.

Ok cool!!! I mean, I'd have to keep a BO roo if I got one, but would prefer at different times, and idk if I have enough hens yet to keep 2 Roos from fighting. (Already have a Speckled Sussex roo) Only have 6 for sure, then have 6 eggs due to hatch any day.

Out of 4 BO's we had 1 that did the same thing. I waivered on and off for a couple months trying to decide if it was a girl or boy. She never crowed but made a roo like sounds everything I went out side. Then poof, she laid me an egg! She is still the biggest and lightest hen that we have! There is always a chance though.

I just heard from Lynne, AVECA, that her Monty son from me just won CH. English at 10 1/2 months old, at his first show. Lynne has done a beautiful job of raising and conditioning him. Here's a photo from The Twin Tiers show in NY. taken today. I couldn't be more pleased. Lynne has 2 pullets from me who will be out shortly.

My mistake...The show was Buffalo and Western NY. A very big show. Twin Tiers is today,at the same location, and he there too.

Last edited:
:weee
[COLOR=333333]I just heard from Lynne, AVECA, that her Monty son from me just won CH. English at 10 1/2 months old, at his first show. Lynne has done a beautiful job of raising and conditioning him. Here's a photo from The Twin Tiers show in NY. taken today. I couldn't be more pleased. Lynne has 2 pullets from me who will be out shortly.[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR]
:weee

Last edited:
wee.gif

wee.gif

CONGRATS to both of you!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom