*Buff Orpington Thread!*

My first egg.
celebrate.gif

Hi. Does anybody have some buff orpington chicks that they are going to be selling in the spring? I'm not looking for show quality just don't want hatchery. Thanks!
1f60a.png

Hi everyone. We are in search for a good breeder of show quality Orpingtons. We are looking for chicks for & my sons 4H project 2014. It is his first year showing, so our families "pet" chickens won't due! :) If any one knows of good responsible breeders that will ship chicks to the Midwest (Iowa) please let me know. Thanks!

Why are my girls not laying yet? We do not have everyone else's winters. I live in the desert and we have 65-70 degree weather right now. It should be great laying weather? I want my eggs!!! They are about 20 weeks old at this point-not sure exact age, I lost track. They were born in late July I think.

Ok I checked and they are 22 weeks old.
he.gif

Last edited:
Why are my girls not laying yet? We do not have everyone else's winters. I live in the desert and we have 65-70 degree weather right now. It should be great laying weather? I want my eggs!!! They are about 20 weeks old at this point-not sure exact age, I lost track. They were born in late July I think.

Ok I checked and they are 22 weeks old.
he.gif
Because the temp has less to do with it than day length. Chickens need a certain number of daylight hours for laying. As the days start to get longer they will start laying.

Back
Top Bottom