*Buff Orpington Thread!*

Holy freaking crap!! I've never tried to reach under a Buff before to get eggs!! Her beak opens REALLY wide!!! And she sounds like a flipping Eagle trying to eat me!! She is only 6 months old and has only been laying a few weeks, so I haven't ever had to deal with them, but I've reached under my sex links a million times. They growl a bit, but beret really seemed to care. Lol

lost my jackie this morning dolly seems to be lost with out him RIP old friend.ill give him a propper burial when the ground gets a little less frozen

The calendar is just pretty birds. Some of us are not gene fanatics.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/836311/sold-out-byc-2014-calendar/0_50

They will start collecting photos for the 2015 in a few months. You need to send this one in.
thumbsup.gif
Will keep it in mind, thanks!

I did a no no, & now all my feather babies r paying for it!! I didn't quarantine my 3 new hens!!!!! While checking a weird looking foot this morning I saw bugs crawling all around the hens vent!! LICE!!! Ewww!!!!

I've read and read and read! So many options, so very many! From what I've read the nasty toxic Sevin dust seems to work best, which I get that dusting them with a brush helps prevent them from breathing it as much, but how do they not eat it if you dust their coop and bedding in it??? It looks like a pretty bad infestation to me. :( BAD chicken mommy!!!

thank you me and dolly are taking it hard im worried for dolly, she seems to miss him and wont leave the spot where he died

One of my girls has come back into lay now. I think it's Daisy but not 100% sure. It's rather her or Bella but Bella's eggs were bigger last year.

Back
Top Bottom