Buff Orpington's with their pet cat....

CC's CoopCuties :

Beautiful photos...the gardens, the girls, Buffs-everything.Thanks for sharing!
smile.png

Thank you CC. It was my pleasure.​

the3ofus+oursixchicks :

love it!! i have 2 cats but i am still cautious because they havent been around chickens b-4.

I have 2 cats as well. They are outdoor cats and spend a great deal of their lives hunting (with all of their very sharp claws) in the vast woods which we live in the middle of. I was REALLY worried about my cats around our chickens. After all, chickens are prey and my cats are certainly experienced predators. I want to reassure you that if MY cats have accepted the chickens, yours will too. When the chickens are big enough, the cats no longer view them as food. Here's a couple pictures of mine at the "safe" age.

IMG_4101.jpg

In this picture, our kitty Faline was actually cowering as the chickens were playfully charging up to her.
IMG_4081.jpg

And here's one when they were not so safe and I had to be extremely vigilant protecting them:
IMG_3631-1.jpg

Today, as you can see, our chickens live in perfect harmony with our cats. Then hen's have made our cat Caspian their pet, and Caspian enjoys their company.​

You were getting the kitty stink eye! Beautiful pictures Keltara. I always look at your posts so I can enjoy the photography.

Quote:
Sassafras
You are right about the stink eye. The funny thing is, that their chicken owners "taught" her how to give it!! She's a quick learn too.
wink.png

I'm so glad you look for my posts. I love photography so much and I love sharing our adventures as well. ✿◠‿◠

Quote:
Kirstin
Thank you. God has blessed me. Especially with my children. I went through 3 years of aggressive infertility treatments and my oldest daughter is an InVitro miracle. It was during that process that I came to know God. When she was around one year old I gave my life to Christ. Madeline, my baby is no less of a miracle as I became pregnant with her without any medical intervention. God has been good to me. I am so grateful for all of my blessing. ❤

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom