Buff Orps with bluish/greenish legs&breast. Ideas?

finewhether

Hatching
11 Years
May 10, 2008
I have Buff Orp chicks that hatched June 25 (with mama hen). They seemed to be growing well, until I noticed a couple of days ago that about 3 (of 7)have bluish/greenish legs and breast. I have been feeding them (free choice) flock raiser by purina, and they always have a full container of water. I have them in a seperate large outside pen with 4 Lt. Brahmas born May 30th and their mama hen.The mama and chicks roost in a "dog" house placed in side of the hen house door opening. They seem to be getting enough feed, the mama keeps the brahmas away if she thinks they are in the way. The three chicks do seem to not be feathering out, or growing fat like their siblings. I looked through previous posts and can't find anything. Can some one help, or lead me somewhere that can. Thanks

My chick are pure Buff orps (rooster and hen), I should have clarified that the chicks had normal yellow legs (white skinned breast) when they where born. I am thinking it is a nutritional deficiency, which in itself doesn't make sense since they are eating a premixed vitamin fortified bag of chick starter, but I am not positive
idunno.gif
. I didn't want to start dousing them with vitamin E or something before I was positive. Keeping chickens healthy and happy seems to be a full time job. I will try and post a comparison picture. Thank you for all your help

Back
Top Bottom