Buff Silkie Thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Celtic Hill, Mar 9, 2011.

1. pistol123

pistol123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2011
    oregon
    Wow 7 of 9 I'd be thrilled!!!! Happy hatching and I hope they are peep out.....

2. pistol123

pistol123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2011
    oregon
    oops maybe I read you numbers wrong.....good luck.

3. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    I had nothing in condition for the April show here, but I did take 3 buffs. One I pulled off of setting on nothing. One bird is too light, the other two I have darkened the coloring with the red boy to buff hens. Both my males have considerable black in tail and some on wings, and although the offspring gets this passed on, it has almost all gone clear on the females I kept back.
    these are the girls I showed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Gordonhillfarm

Gordonhillfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Maine
    So how did you do ?? They look very nice for not being in condition !! ~~~`~` Tammy

5. chikincrazee

chikincrazee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    IL
    Nice buffs how did you do..... we are taking a few this weekend to a show but they re not in condition yet either but at least they got over their molt and are in the process of growing some feathers....some we will leave home as they are just looking too weathered...need some molting vibes....

6. Muzzie

Muzzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:Quote:Thanks I'm happy with 7 these were shipped eggs I guess 2 clear are better that to have some start and quit, still have a long way to go to hatch though [​IMG] keeping my fingers crossed for the 7

7. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    Anyone selling BQ or SQ buff pullets or buff chicks from BQ or SQ parents? PM me if you have any available. Must be NPIP. Thanks! [​IMG]

8. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    Quote:I did alright, the show was very small (as usual) but I had the only buffs. I also showed Whites and Blacks and got Res Featherleg with my white hen. I also showed dutch bantams and RIR is rose comb and single comb, and got Res and Champ American for the reds and got Res and Champ Large fowl with them afterwards. All in all, I am happy. Next year though, we will have a real Silkie judge, Eric Kutch, as I have already talked to him a bit and I know he would love to do it. Maybe that will up the entries.

9. chikincrazee

chikincrazee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    IL
    Congratulations on all your wins....your birds are beautiful

10. Gordonhillfarm

Gordonhillfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Maine
    Here in maine most of the shows are very small -- last year I worked the farmington fair there were only 6 silkies in the poultry barn -- I beleive that is changeing though . I'm kinda excited for this years shows small or big . It will be my first year ever showing . ~~~ Tammy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by