• no opinion

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

chickened

Crowing
9 Years
Oct 2, 2010
western Oregon
Was watching the news this morning waiting for it to stop raining and heard the Buffet Rule was going down in flames.

Is this a good idea to model a bill on who and how we tax people? from a billionaire... and considering fair treatment under the law is it ethical? or fair?

Please no name calling but have a good lighthearted debate, opinions and facts are welcome and will be treated equally.

I thought we already did that?????

Isn't that what a progressive tax system does anyway?

The Buffet rule is wanting to go after dividends and capitol gains. A bad idea IMHO! I would much rather see them cut out of the loopholes associated with the income tax system, along with an income tax rate reduction, while at the same time reinstituting the Payroll(social security tax) that they have been playing politics with just to get votes.

The folks getting capitol gains are job creators! Also, they need to leliminate the death taxes. That property and money has already been taxed while the deceased was living. It should not be taxed again when passed on to the inheritors of it.

I thought we already did that?????

Isn't that what a progressive tax system does anyway?

The Buffet rule is wanting to go after dividends and capitol gains. A bad idea IMHO! I would much rather see them cut out of the loopholes associated with the income tax system, along with an income tax rate reduction, while at the same time reinstituting the Payroll(social security tax) that they have been playing politics with just to get votes.

The folks getting capitol gains are job creators! Also, they need to leliminate the death taxes. That property and money has already been taxed while the deceased was living. It should not be taxed again when passed on to the inheritors of it.

thumbsup.gif

This is just a distraction. Why do almost half pay no tax at all ?

Buffet Also said that spending need to be cut back. Taxing the rich $4 billion a year more is nothing when we have a trillion dollar a year deficit.

old.gif

Back
Top Bottom