Buffet Rule

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickened, Apr 16, 2012.

1. yes

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. no

10 vote(s)
    83.3%
  3. no opinion

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    Was watching the news this morning waiting for it to stop raining and heard the Buffet Rule was going down in flames.

Is this a good idea to model a bill on who and how we tax people? from a billionaire... and considering fair treatment under the law is it ethical? or fair?

Please no name calling but have a good lighthearted debate, opinions and facts are welcome and will be treated equally.

2. bakerjw

bakerjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    And how much does Warren Buffet owe in back taxes?

3. hearts34

hearts34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2012
    Blount county, AL
    I thought we already did that?????

Isn't that what a progressive tax system does anyway?

The Buffet rule is wanting to go after dividends and capitol gains. A bad idea IMHO! I would much rather see them cut out of the loopholes associated with the income tax system, along with an income tax rate reduction, while at the same time reinstituting the Payroll(social security tax) that they have been playing politics with just to get votes.

The folks getting capitol gains are job creators! Also, they need to leliminate the death taxes. That property and money has already been taxed while the deceased was living. It should not be taxed again when passed on to the inheritors of it.

4. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
  5. Amigo

Amigo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2011
    Your house!
    The Buffet Rule is a stupid idea to distract us from this economic depression.

6. hemet dennis

hemet dennis Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] X 10

This is just a distraction. Why do almost half pay no tax at all ?

Buffet Also said that spending need to be cut back. Taxing the rich $4 billion a year more is nothing when we have a trillion dollar a year deficit.

[​IMG]

7. hemet dennis

hemet dennis Chillin' With My Peeps

Did anyone notice that the bill with 61 cosponsors only got 51 votes. Do you think that there will be 10 senators that will be saying they sponsored the bill but leave out the part about not voting for it ?

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by