Build a coop in fall, it will be fun they said!!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by hollymh, Sep 7, 2013.

1. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Problem: ITS HOOOTTTT out! 2-hours out building and I started to get dizzy from the heat, I worked outside all summer but this is killing me! Thanks Texas! I thought it was supposed to cool down in Sept?! [​IMG]

2. marktoo

marktoo Chillin' With My Peeps

First Day of fall is the 22nd, you're 2 weeks early. That's the problem! Work early in the morning, drink lots of water & whoever "They" are make em help. Then you can at least slap em up along side the head once & a while.[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

Cool down in Sept.? Where? We're having 100+ temps this weekend. Hateful stuff it is! Good luck on your coop! My husband gets a crazed look in his eye if I even mention coop building! [​IMG]

4. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    HEY NOW! A girl can dream right?!?!? There ya' go taking all my fun away. All the Halloween decorations are out at the stores so I thought that meant fall?! This is my first year back in texas for summer so Im still not used to it :/ Got a lot done on the coop though! Just paid for it in sweat and a little blood :)

5. marktoo

Dream away! Didn't mean to rain on your parade but if you go by what the stores are doing you'll be wearing galoshes, mittens & a parka tomorrow. I saw Christmas decorations in Costco the other day. Get somebody else to hold the nail when you start them and you may bleed a little less.[​IMG] Good luck with your build!

6. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    HAHA! Truth! Stores are always in a rush to get the holidays started!

7. marktoo

How's that coop coming? Hope the temps dropped a bit for ya.

8. XtremeRooster

XtremeRooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes the temps have really dropped here from 104 to 99![​IMG] The humidty is at 100%[​IMG]

9. Weasleymum

Weasleymum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2008
    Virginia
    When I lived in Texas, I considered 'fall' to run between Oct 1st and Christmas... Here's hoping you get some good building weather!

10. marktoo

Better break out the long johns. [​IMG] Temps have cooled here significantly, 80. We won't see 100 again till mid spring.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by