Building a pond - step by step - mostly complete post71

Let me tell you how much it hurts to be hit by a sledge hammer on a knuckle!!!
Holy crap! How it wasn't broken, no idea, but there is a heck of a bruise and it is a bit swollen.

My plan for algae was the barley straw.

Last edited:
I so want your pond!! Makes my little stock tanks and kiddie pools look like duck abuse!
lol.png

Ok, so I managed to hit myself with the sledge hammer this morning. I blame it on Dh even if he's not here to have had anything to do with it. He hit me last night and I say therefore, my grip slipped since that hand hurts LOL
But also, one handed and I didn't hit myself hard - there is a bright side!

Filter box is rebarred into place. I sanded down the area where the waterfall is just to make it flat as I removed the wood with the saw and that didn't leave me a flat surface so much. Then I finished putting L brackets on the front pieces as they are just touching the pond, not attached to the pond at all for stability. I then put some stuff over those brackets a few times and then lined the all of the box sides and made sure I had a base of sand on the bottom and no rocks.
IMG_4352.jpg

Unfold the liner and put it in and start filling and fix the liner as it filled and start folding corners. Add in the slate being used for the waterfall to test it with the water from the hose. I'll hook up the pump later to try it out. I'll trim it later when DH is back and we figure out the best way to do the liner at the waterfall outlet and then we'll add top boards and be done with construction. Then we just have to hook up the pump and get the filter box set up with stuff and the ducks will be in business!
IMG_4355.jpg

Last edited:
Looking fantastic! I'm loving the step by step. I remember you put in a drain, but don't recall how the water is going into the filter box? The waterfall is great.

I think i convinced my dad to help me build a pond like this! Smaller no filter and only 1 part. Ill just have a drain at the bottom or side thing and then I can just open the valve and let'er flow!

Back
Top Bottom